1. Should I turn the gas off
during SAV installation?
2. How do I reset the SAV valve?
3. How do I tell if the valve is closed or open?
4. Will the SAV valves trip or false from lawnmower or trucks?
5. How can I tell if the valve is installed properly?/
6. I am not able to reset the SAV.
7. How can I get more information about the SAV's?
8. Do you make any other type of valves?
9. Do you have Spanish versions of your literature?
1. Yes, you must turn off the natural gas supply...then reset the shut
2. First and foremost, turn off natural gas supply. We have specific
instructions on this site, use this link.
3. Looking at the top of the valve, look through the status window, you
will see either red or green, red is closed, green is open.
4. No, if the valve is installed properly, level and secured with a
stabilizer bracket (UnitStrut or equivalent 6" from valve) it will not
false. Please see the installation instructions for additional information.
5. The valve is installed properly if:
level chain on valve body, confirm the valve is level.
bracket and bracing are in place and secure.
the valve is pointed in the correct direction using the flow direction
arrow on the outside of the valve body.
6. Check to see if level. If the valve is level and still is not
resetting, call us at PSP or your installer.
7. We have posted most brochures and specification sheets on-line,
use this link for a list of pdf files.
8. We currently make seismically actuated gas shut off valves in
vertical as well as horizontal configurations, actuators, 3-way valves,
electrical switch and a remote actuator, please see our
specials section for additional
9. We are currently translating our main brochures, instruction sheets
and technical specifications into Spanish. See our
publications and literature section for the